ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Re: the order to invoice cycle (UBL 1.0)

>>Alice Delarbre wrote:
>>
>>>Dear Sir,
>>>I'm student at the University of Liège (Belgium) and I do a work (memoir)
>>>about the e-gov in Wallonie.
>>>I have studied the possibility of introducing UBL into e-government and by
>>>analyzing the Order-To-Invoice Cycle represented in the
>>>UBL-1.0-ProcurementActivity.jpg figure and I put myself some questions:

You ask some very good questions.

>>>- until when the buyer can send an Order Cancellation or an Order Change?

You can send it anytime based on your business timing.

It is not the scope of UBL 1.0 to specify the timings, or ultimate
timings, of when events should/must/may happen, and what to do otherwise.

But when the time comes when business decision has been made to send an
OrderCancellation or an OrderChange, and if you want to use UBL 1.0,
then you'll instantiate your business information in the
format described by UBL 1.0 schemas.

Backend processes, such as what happenes when an OrderChange is made
towards an OrderCancellation, referencing an Order number that is
not present, and many other timing/event related situations, are not
what UBL 1.0 is set out to specify as well.

>>>- how the purchaser knows it if the delivery took place well before
>>paying the invoice?

Exactly, the purchaser cannot know from just looking at an UBL 1.0
instance.  Both modes of payment - payment before and payment after -
delivery of goods exist in actual scenarios.  Purchaser may want to
pay after delivery took place, but seller may insist on payment
before delivery process begins.  So again, it is outside the scope
of UBL 1.0 to say which is the way.

>>>-why this process it is not modelled in UML?

Because it's not what UBL 1.0 sets out to do.

>>>An other query is why isn't there in the informations over the participants
>>>(parties) the possibility of putting the electronic address?

Which one are you looking at?  Could you use the Contact->ElectronicMail?

I can find, for example, Order->BuyerParty->Party->Contact->ElectronicMail
storing an email address.

Hope the above answers your questions.

>>>Looking forward to reading you,
>>>Your faithfully,