ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Syntax neutral definition of inherited BIEs

Juha:

I prefer to use the term "syntax independent" for this functionality as
I think it is more accurate.  Anytime you write something down, even in
excel, it has a syntax.  What I suspect you are really after is an
expression of something that is not specifically bound to only being
represented in one syntax.

We did a pilot for the Canadian Government that bound syntax neutral
CC's and BIE's to XML schema, based on a set of 8 context values.  The
process used a generic XML declaration of the data elements properties
in a metadata facility and wrote out two valid XML schemas, each one
contextually different, based on the context driver values.

If you are interested in the information, please contact me offline.

Duane