ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] trying to resend PDF attachment,RE: [ubl-dev] feedback request on UBL with Adobe PDF example form

[pkacande@adobe.com:]

| It seems like it might be very difficult to generate one or just a
| few general purpose forms. For example, if the you look at the
| sample in the UBL download for Joinery dispatch, it has completely
| different headers and line item details. If there are very many of
| these industry specific formats, then it might not make sense to
| try and develop forms for each one.

That's not a separate form, it's just another example instance of
the same form (Despatch Advice).

The question of how you map the many potential elements in a UBL
schema to the much more limited number of cells in a printed or
displayed form has received a great deal of attention in UBL.  The
UBL 1.0 Standard contains a whole section describing the mapping
of the relevant UBL data to the corresponding cells of an
internationally standardized paper form, the UN Layout Key.  In
UBL 2.0, as Micah Dubinko has pointed out, we're attempting to do
the same thing for input forms.

Jon