ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Loading UBL data dictionary into Registry

David,

I did some cunsulting for a medical practise, and a
healthcare startup earlier this year, but did not get
too deep into the billing side. Do you think UBL
formats and associated forms would even be appropriate
amongst the HL7 (practice management), SCRIPT
(ePrescriptions), and the other electronic billing
standards starting to be defined by regional
healthcare organizations, and the electronic billing
standardization being encouraged by the USA federal
government?

The Healthcare industry certainly needs to continue
its focus HL7 v3.0, but I have just not heard anything
about standards in the area of purchasing, billing,
etc. I suppose business trade is just a very different
type of transaction than health insurance billing.

Brad Sturtevant

https://www.redhat.com/apps/isv_catalog/results.html?vendor_id=1370&ven_name=Sino%20Technologies%20Corp.

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/9714/nounmetadata.xsd