ubl-dev message

Subject: Nice to see UBL getting (more) seriously useful product support

Greetings UBL developers et al,

Very nice to see UBL in XML Spy 2006 and Map Force 2006 today.
Many thanks Altova. Not trying to advertise here - just enthusing at
this great help in supporting this open business e-procurement XML
standard and enabling developers to provide support for such almost
out-of-the-box. As a developer I was particularly delighted to see how
easily I could create the beginnings of a mapping from a UBL 1.0
Invoice to another industry standard invoice in literally seconds with
nothing more than the standard version of Map Force 2006, a sample
of a UBL invoice and a copy of the schema for the other invoice.
A cause for celebration, I think. Of course there's much more to full
adoption and incorporation of UBL than that (all the trading agreement
stuff and back-office integration included) but this is, I think, a great
help indeed and, I very much hope, a help to find other trading partners
able to support UBL if they have bespoke systems or the like. That could
be of great economical significance to an organisation, I would hope.

I hear that support in other tools from other vendors is coming soon too.

All the best

Stephen Green