ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Duplicate Definition of Documentation Parameters

I vaguely remember this being brought up sometime back about the
duplicate definitions here on ubl-dev, perhaps by XMLSpy?  Outcome
of some further discussion was a quick-fix to just use the set of
equivalent schemas which do not contain the CoreComponentParameters.
Those are found in directory "xsdrt" (stands for XSD Run-Time).

Setting the "Definition" component to minOccurs=0  seems to be an
independent solution from the duplicate definition issue.  The
"Definition" component appears to be required by NDR to be 1..1 actually.

Duplicate definitions are benign in most cases if the schema definitions
imported or included multiple times are exactly the same.  However,
if such imported or included schema has structurally-modifying xsd
commands, such as "xsd:redefine", then the importing order may be
affected, usually with more serious errors involved (syntactically or,
worse, during run-time).  As such, a duplicate-definition warning
indicating such potential is a good sign to let us know of such potential
issues and set straight the import sequence and/or remove duplicate
imports.    Hopefully, UBL2.0's xsdrt will be really a run-time version,
rather than a  run-time-cum-avoid-warning  set of schemas.

Best Regards,
Chin Chee-Kai
SoftML
Tel: +65-6820-2979