ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] Custom order information

Franck,

Conceptually, postal service is analogous to a rental or service agreement,
in what it has a beginning and an end. The transaction that you describe
could be set up as three "products" and three lines on an order:

1) a termination transaction - stop delivering to the old address, on this
effective date

2) a start service transaction - begin delivering to the new address, on
this effective date (presumably the same as in line item 1

3) a start transitional service (forwarding) from the old address to the new
one, between a start date and an end date.

You then can use the payload data fields per order line item to capture the
effective dates, the deliver-to, etc. for each of the three transactions. In
all likelihood, there are sufficient order line level data fields available
to implement this scheme.

Fulton Wilcox
Colts Neck Solutions LLC