ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Custom order information

Hi Frank

My suggestion would be to only customise
if really necessary and use a subset
definition to mask out what you don't need.
The subset definition need only be a list
of the XPaths of everything you wish to
specify as needed and one or two rules
to say how the list of XPaths must be used.
The UBL TC have done this with a subset
we call the Small Business Subset (SBS)
and the rules used may be relevant to you.
The customisation, if necessary (I say that
because the customisation would typically
need more maintenance than the subset list
but that is a personal opinion I suppose),
could be made first then the subset.
The SBS is still in progress for UBL 1.0
(you might even find it useful) but is nearly
through to its second public review (most
of the content and methodology/rules
content have already been reviewed and
agreed). The latest package is at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/15800/UBL-1-0-SBS-1-0-cd2d.zip
Customisation is likely to be a better
experience with UBL 2 though (an SBS
for UBL 2 is taking shape too), if you don't
mind the wait for it - though a public
review of the content appears to be imminent.
Much of the above is personal opinion and
I'm afraid I have to disclaim to the effect
that you only take the advice at your own risk.

All the best and good luck with UBL !

Stephen Green