ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] UBL Implementation based on SOAP with attachments

Hi Franck

One possibility is to use parts of the ebXML framework (ebXML stands for
electronic business XML) [1] for your task.

ebXML messaging allows you to transport business documents, such as UBL
documents, in a

a) secure
b) reliable
c) standardised (ISO standard 15000-2:2004 [2]) and
d) interoperable

way.

There are commercial and even Open Source implementations available.
http://www.freebxml.org is a good place to find Open Source ebXML
component implementations ;)

There are additional ebXML framework components that might be of
interest to you.

ebXML Collaboration Protocol Profile and Agreement:

An ebXML Collaboration Protocol Agreement for example is used as the
agreement between the parties how to "technically" exchange the business
documents. In an ebXML Collaboration Protocol Agreement for example, you
can define which transport protocol to use (HTTP or SMTP), you can list
the actual endpoints of the parties (HTTP address or email address),
whether to use security, whether to use reliablity, and if these are
used their technical parameters, the selection of the encryption
algorithm, digital signature algorithms, the public certificates used
for digital encryption, digital signature, SSL server certficates, SSL
client authentication, and many more. A cool thing, such a CPA XML file
can be used to configure an ebXML Messaging system.

ebXML Business Processes:

ebXML Business Processes can be used to specify the choreography, eg in
which order the business documents are supposed to be exchanged. The
ebXML Business Processes also allow you to make use of business signals,
which are used to align the current "collaboration" state between
trading partners. Such a signals indicate, that the receiving backend
application successfully received the business document and that it
could parse the business document sucessfully, another business signal
indicates that the backend application successfully processed the
business document or some business signals are used to indicate the
opposite, eg that there was a problem, a failure of some sort.

ebXML Registry/Repository:

A place to store (and share) and query all the different ebXML
artifacts.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sacha