ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] UBL Implementation based on SOAP with attachments

Hi Franck

Some comments inline.

On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 20:11 +0100, Franck de Bruijn wrote:
> Hi Sacha,
>
> Thanks for this input.
>
> I'm not sure if I can introduce ebXML right now, since I am not the person
> who can decide this in this case. The other party has laid out the
> requirements for that. But it is for sure a very interesting technology to
> keep an eye on.
>
> The best thing I take away from your reply is that SOAP with attachments is
> actually considered a viable means of transportation of the business
> documents. I was a little bit worried about that, since I cannot find a lot
> of information about it. Do you have any experience with potential
> interoperability issues?

For ebXML Messaging implementations there are interoperability
certification programs available at Drummond Group [2] and Korbit to
make sure the different implementations of the software providers are
interoperable.

Sorry I do not have any further interoperability experience with plain
SOAP with attachments implementations. The Web Services Interoperability
organisation [1] at may have some further info of some comparisons.

> One problem I still need to solve right now, is how to archive the XML
> messages. One of the requirements is that the order information should be
> accessible and regenerated for a period of 7 years. Of course it is not very
> difficult to store the XML files on disk, but I also would like to see from
> the filename which XML files belong together. The ebXML idea of having a
> correlation ID appeals to me. Another solution is to use the BuyersID.

You seem to look for a complete messaging system.

> On the other hand I realized that one invoice could aggregate multiple
> orders, so 1 ID does not seem sufficient. I'll have to ponder about that a
> little bit more, I guess.

Hope I could help.

Kind regards

Sacha

[1] http://www.ws-i.org/
[2] http://www.drummondgroup.com
[3] http://iisl.postech.ac.kr/korbit/etsi/intro.php

PS: There are ebXML Messaging connectors for SAP systems available ;)