ubl-dev message

Subject: Delivery address/party in the Order

Dear all,

Looking at the Delivery (UBL-CommonAggregateComponents-2) used in the order
message I have a question.

A common scenario for us is to receive an order from Company A and then
make the delivery to Company A's customer Company B with whom we do not
have a business relation with.
All the lines are to be delivered to the same destination.
I am comparing with the information we need to get in our EDIFACT ORDERS
(NAD+DP) today. (DP= Delivery party(3144) Party to which goods should be
delivered, if not identical with consignee.

What I'm missing is the DestinationParty on a header level, either directly
under the Order or under the Order.Delivery.
The Order.OrderLine.LineItem.DestinationParty would in my opinion be
I'm just thinking that there is a Order.Delivery.OriginatorParty so to me
it would feel natural to have a Order.Delivery.DestinationParty or an
optional Order.DestinationParty.

I could of course use the Order.Delivery.Delivery_Address.ID or the first
Delivery_Address.Address Line and feel happy about that, or even use the
DestinationParty on the first line.

Any thoughts regarding this would be appreciated.

Mvh/Brgds,

Magnus Palmér
Integration Competence Center, CI-IS-ICC

Alfa Laval Lund AB, PO Box 74, SE-221 00 Lund, Sweden
Visiting address: Rudeboksvägen 1 (GXB2), Lund
Tel switchboard: +46 46 36 65 00
Tel direct: +46 46 36 67 29,  Mobile: +46 46 36 67 29,  Fax: +46 46 15 71
05
E-mail: magnus.palmer@alfalaval.com
Website: http://www.alfalaval.com