ubl-dev message

Subject: UBL and GS1 XML

Hi UBL developers,

I have a case where XML - based messages will be used for communication between suppliers (industry) and Wholesale and retail (trade) companies in procurement process.

I got a task to compare UBL and GS1 XML message standards. Are you able to point out why to prefer one or another in this scenario? What are the pros and cons for each option? Is there a mapping available for some messages? What is the relationship between UBL TC and GS1? Is GS1 participating in UBL work?

Many Thanks in advance,

Juha Ikävalko

TIEKE Tietoyhteiskunnan kehittämiskeskus ry

TIEKE Finnish Information Society Development Centre

Salomonkatu 17 A, 10th floor FI-00100 Helsinki

Tel +358 9 4763 0410, Fax +358 9 4763 0399

juha.ikavalko@tieke.fi http://www.tieke.fi <http://www.tieke.fi/>