ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] UBL documents and web services

[rob@agreeablenotion.com:]

| How does one transmit a UBL document, lets say for example a
| despatch advice, using SOAP. Would I extract the information from
| the UBL document or rap it up. I've looked around for an answer
| but can only find the very simplest of examples for using web
| services - I can find nothing that hints at how one would transmit
| and use something as complicated as a UBL document.

UBL can be used in a wide variety of messaging infrastructures,
but the one it was originally designed for is ebXML:

   http://ebxml.org/

The spec you want in particular is ebXML Messaging Services (known
variously as ebMS, ebXML MHS, and ebXML MSG).  ebMS is part of ISO
15000, and its development and maintenance takes place in the
OASIS ebXML Messaging Services TC:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=ebxml-msg

Free open-source software that supports both the SMTP and HTTP
bindings for ebMS is available from freebXML:

   http://www.freebxml.org/

ebMS is also supported by a number of commercial software
packages.

For further discussion of ebXML, try ebxml-dev:

   http://lists.ebxml.org/archives/ebxml-dev/

Jon