ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: About CodeList for UnitCode

Hello Veronique,

In UBL 2.0, we are using a new methodology for code lists in which
all the code list value checking takes place in a second
validation pass using schematron (ISO/IEC 19757-3 Document Schema
Definition Languages (DSDL) -- Part 3: Rule-Based Validation --
Schematron).  This approach allows much greater flexibility in
specifying, extending, and subsetting code lists.  For details,
see the proposal at

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200602/msg00062.html

Jon

   Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 15:24:41 +0100
   From: =?UNKNOWN?Q?V=E9ronique?= Testa <veronique.testa@cegedim.fr>
   Cc: jon.bosak@sun.com, tmcgrath@portcomm.com.au

   Belle journéeUBL 2.0 : Quantity (InvoicedQuantity, BaseQuantity...) is
   associated to the only one attribute "UnitCode". UnitCode allowed are issued
   from the codelist defined by UN/CEFACT Rec 20. This specification provides a
   good way to identify the information in multiple business situations but
   still for EDI traditional partner inheritance, we need to keep and transmit
   other codes.

   Take for example:EDI Invoic D96a received with the following :
   QTY+47:2050:PCE
   QTY+52:6:PCE
   PRI+AAB:1.518:::1:PCE
   PRI+AAA:1.548:::1:PCE

   In this exemple, the Unit is PCE  which is unknown in
   "CodeList_UnitCode_UNECE_7_04.xsd" . Expected or oversight ???
   The syntax in UBL 1.0 output file (ie QTY+47:2050:PCE)  is  :
   <cbc:InvoicedQuantity quantityUnitCode="PCE">2050</cbc:InvoicedQuantity>
   This syntax is not valid in UBL 2.0. To keep the compatibility I thought we
   will be able to use : <cbc:InvoicedQuantity
   unitCode="ZZ">2050</cbc:InvoicedQuantity> but where could we note that
   mutually code is PCE ???

   Thx for help
   Regards,

   Veronique Testa