ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] Code List Value Validation

Something UBL users need is the granularity to say that a particular codelist
is used for a code when it appears say in the InvoiceLine but not when it
appears in the main body of the document, or more precisely that, say,
BuyerParty/SomeCurrencyCode includes USD and EUR whereas
SellerParty/SomeCurrencyCode only includes CAD
This is the sort of use case the UBL codelist methodology caters for.

Maybe CAM could take on board the UBL codelist declarative syntax to
align the two methodologies.

All the best

Stephen Green

>>> "David RR Webber (XML)" <david@drrw.info> 07/04/06 13:50:07 >>>
Fraser,

There are two levels to this - the specification and the implementation.

I'd be interested in your thoughts on the lookup() functionality in the
OASIS CAM system and the jCAM implementation that supports the use of
codelists over XML transactions.

The current implementation has baseline functionality for managing and
using codelists:

 http://www.jcam.org.uk

Key from the implementers stance is being able to cover off the
following:

1) Declarative rule values in XML
2) Lookups to SQL table code values
3) Simple inline code alignment (e.g. 1,2,3,4,5 | A,B,C,D,E)
4) Associative code lookups - if A then X,F,J ; if B then X,F etc
5) Callout to Java routines - permits extended calculated lists via
multiple
6) Versioning and local extension values
7) Potential for referencing codelists stored in shared registry service

Thanks, DW
Chair - OASIS CAM TC.