ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] SBS and Restricted Data Types

At 2006-05-03 06:12 -0600, stephen.green@systml.co.uk wrote:
>One other thing though: How would you reckon the feasibility
>of logically validating that a subset which includes pattern
>restrictions of strings is a true strict subset of a schema?

My gut reaction is that is quite challenging to do *for a schema* ...
but of course one could create an assertion schema in Schematron to check that.

>Is it a step too far for now? If so I'd propose that adding
>pattern restrictions might best be kept to specific agreements or
>individual software implementations rather than including such
>in a standardisation effort such as the SBS.

What would be examples of pattern restrictions?  Perhaps I'm
misunderstanding ... I can't see what you would want to restrict at
the level of a string in a formal subset.

--
Registration open for XSLT/XSL-FO training: Wash.,DC 2006-06-12/16
Also for XSLT/XSL-FO training:    Minneapolis, MN 2006-07-31/08-04