ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] SBS and Restricted Data Types

Stephen,

The example you cite below is very simply implemented using an OASIS CAM
template and the context mechanism that CAM provides.

The weakness in schema is that pretty much everything has to be defined
as optional (min=0 max=1) since there is no direct context mechanism
available.

Conversely CAM has been designed from the start to be eBusiness and CCTS
aware - and now ebBP/BPSS v2.0.3 supports context variables - this can
all be designed out-the-box to work end-to-end - from BPSS definition,
thru CPA agreement to runtime environment in the ebMS and call-out to
CAM processor.

So in CAM you simply group your constraint changes - so you do not have
to hunt them down or look for arcane schema syntax tricks - but instead
toggle them based on a context variable and criteria that you establish
and simple business-analyst friendly XML scripting - and share that
directly with your trading partner.  This gives you a simple and clean
way to implement UBL SBS ( this is the way ebXML context is supposed to
work, no?!).

e.g. as simple as doing this in the BusinessUseContext section of your
CAM template:

<BusinessUseContext>
 <Rules>
  <default>
   <context>
   <!--  default structure constraints and cardinality. -->
    <constraint action="makeRepeatable(//SoccerGear)" />
    <constraint action="makeMandatory(//SoccerGear/Items/*)" />
    <constraint action="makeOptional(//Description)" />
    <constraint action="makeMandatory(//Items@CatalogueRef)" />
    <constraint action="makeOptional(//DistributorID)" />
    <constraint action="makeOptional(//CustomerID)" />
    <constraint action="makeOptional(//SoccerGear/DeliveryAddress)" />
   </context>
  </default>

  <context condition="//CustomerID = ''">
     <constraint action="makeMandatory(//SoccerGear/DeliveryAddress)" />

  </context>

 </Rules>
</BusinessUseContext>

I'd be happy to help develop some SBS specific examples if people want
to share some sample XML instances of what they are wanting to achieve.

FWIW - the latest jCAM implementation is just posted to
http://www.jcam.org.uk  and you can find more information from the CAM
TC archives on configuring CAM runtime to match your own local Java
system runtime environment.  CAM now is using the Maven extensible Java
system that allows you to plug in popular marshalling and unmarshalling
and rule engines from the Java community - more details again from the
CAM TC docs area (V1.5 features PPT).

Aka - Here's a quick example of the Maven support including optional use
of a DROOLS external rule engine to the base CAM parsing classes (Yes
you really can just extend CAM by changing this Maven XML!):

<container>
 <component-implementation
   class='uk.org.jcam.processor.dataObjects.Template'/>
 <component-implementation
   class='uk.org.jcam.processor.dataObjects.DataFile'/>
 <component-implementation
   class='uk.org.jcam.processor.validator.DefaultValidator'/>
 <component-implementation
   class='uk.org.jcam.processor.trimmer.DefaultTrimmer'/>
 <component-implementation
   class='uk.org.jcam.processor.adorner.DefaultAdorner'/>
 <component-implementation
   class='uk.org.jcam.drools.DroolsDataValidator'/>
</container>

Thanks, DW