ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] SBS and Restricted Data Types

Yes. This has implications on state and business process in that if
one party thinks the XML is valid or invalid then the other party would
have to have confidence that this was what it too called valid/invalid or
an exception to say it was invalid would not be reliable. That's
just my opinion but I'd guess it's the main reason XSD is used by
those writing document standards to define those standards. Else,
where is the dividing line between what a standards group provides
and the implemenation software (though there are of course exceptions)?
Both sides agreeing a business process and business conditions have
to have confidence that they are signing from the same songsheet with
the same meanings of terms, that including 'valid' and 'invalid'. So
an exception saying 'invalid instance' has to surely mean the same
(within acceptable tolerance) to all parties in the transaction.

Steve