ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Data Dictionary for UBL 1.0

Hi Philip

UBL has an international data dictionary but that isn't what
you want - it is a set of translations. What it translates though
is all that we have in UBL really that answers this need - the
definitions of the elements for the most part. But these are
just those which get into the documented schemas (xsd
directory in the package). These are the normative
definitions. Further information for UBL 1.0 might best be
found by looking up questions in Google which has all the
past UBL emails nicely available with high rankings. A
search on "OASIS UBL LineItem" or the like often works.
The emails aren't normative of course. There is a gap indeed.
Hopefully UBL 2.0 will offer more but most explanations can
be gleaned by comparing UBL with other standards. A tool
to help with this is Edifix from Gefeg - I suggest a Google
for it or someone from Gefeg might see this and respond :-)
Most of UBL came from xCBL 3.0 and indirectly a lot came
from EDIFACT apparently. Maybe someone will some day
write a book on the semantics. I would have liked to but
haven't been able to.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

All the best

Stephen Green