ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] SBS and Restricted Data Types

On Thu, 4 May 2006, G. Ken Holman wrote:

>>At 2006-05-04 10:42 -0400, Chiusano Joseph wrote:
>>>[JMC] If all one really needs to do is restrict data types using
>>>constraining facets, and add additional elements not currently
>>>supported, this can be done with W3C Schema. What am I missing here?

Joe, I think you didn't miss but added things here.
SBS doesn't allow adding additional elements not currently supported.

>>If people want to take the SBS description and synthesize for their
>>own behind-the-scenes implementation issues any set of constraints
>>(including W3C Schema, or RELAX-NG Schema, or whatever), they are
>>welcome to do so PROVIDED THEY DON'T CONSTRAIN THE INTERCHANGE OF UBL
>>INSTANCES by improperly rejecting a valid UBL instance BECAUSE THE
>>SBS DOESN'T CHANGE THE DEFINITION OF A VALID UBL INSTANCE.
>>
>>Sorry for the shouting ... I just wanted to make sure everyone can hear. :{)}

No need to shout, Ken, coz you already said it's "behind-the-scenes
implementation" which is not publicised and consequently wouldn't
affect interoperability.

Best Regards,
Chin Chee-Kai
SoftML