ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] an iPod of ebXML

Roger,

Great to hear from you again and to know that you are continuing to
fight the fight and succeeding.

I believe the old adage applies here - "if it was simple, it would have
been done already!"

As you note - new tools do make an impact - but it is not as simple as
plugging into the electrical grid.  Each hill, each bunker, each trench
has to be crossed - because the legacy component has to be re-tooled or
replaced and the intelligence it contains inherited.

So the power of many hands - creating the infrastructure so that many
can make a lighter load and also share and re-use once a particular
interface has been built.  We are definately succeeding there thru open
source solutions and components.

This stuff is getting spontaneously easier and better - and the market
is listening and making changes in what it acquires too - not
continuing to go down the old paths.

I'd offer my recent present on XML scripting as yet more examples of
this osmosis in progress:

 http://www.pesc.org/events/techstandards/third/presentations/Using%20XML%20Scripting%20for%20Business%20and%20Life.ppt

People are using XML in many areas from Flash to Blogs to Photo sites to
maps and automated voice systems to OASIS CAM!

The true measure here is definately when people are using solutions
completely unaware of the fact that the core technology inside is
actually based on ebXML components.

Perhaps we're more closer to those building the memory chips and audio
rendering firmware that go into the iPods... ; -)

DW