ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] How do communities enter the eBusiness marketplaceage?

Surely we just need it to be as easy as possible for
someone or some company to send a UBL invoice, etc
to someone else and there to be no problem for that
person or company receiving it.

To start with that would be someone under the same
jurisdictions and laws regarding tax and the like.

In Europe the limiting factor seems to be what is allowed
by the tax authorities. So here it is needed that it is
leagl for me to use a simple approach to sending and receiving
UBL documents - that for one thing my tax authority doesn't
have requirements making it difficult for me and likewise
with the same sort of authorities over the one with whom
I transact.

The next limiting factor may be the technology. There is an
expense aspect. The first factor may be linked to this - for
example how expensive is it for me to store the documents sent
and received electronically? Do I need encryption? PKI? If
these and other helpful things are provided by someone online
then how much and who can I use the services with? Again the
factors are also who can use UBL to trade with me and how much
will it cost them and do their tax requirements, etc require me
to add extra to the IT bill (such as digital singatures, etc)?

If I'm not tax registered and neither are my trading partners
will it all be cheaper and easier?

And the bottom line - what will all this save or benefit me?
Will I just plain and simple have to do it to stay in business
trading with my customers (or suppliers) or will there be positive
reasons to use UBL and electronic transactions?

Is it all, in the end, going to be down to slick service providers
and lots of clever advertising where I hardly have to make a choice
(as with a mobile or broadband) or government led (like digital TV)?

All the best

Steve