ubl-dev message

Subject: Announce (detailed): UBL International 2006 - http://www.ublconference.com

Hello again, everyone,

Mikkel Hippe-Brun and I have now determined more
details regarding the inaugural event of UBL
International ... http://www.ublconference.com
... a conference to bring together UBL training
expertise and a symposium of presentations to one
location for attendees to learn about
technologies for and experiences with using the Universal Business Language.

UBL International 2006 will be held near
Copenhagen Denmark (Scandinavian Trade Building
in Allerød) the week of November 13-17,
2006.  The week has four days of full-day
tutorials (paid attendance) and one day of
symposium presentations (free limited
attendance), and each day is individually
subscribed (there is no obligation to take any
particular day or combination of days).

We have so far developed the following initial
programme, and we hope that the tutorial days
will be broadened by more training companies making offerings to attendees:

Current programme (subject to change and augmentation):

   Monday November 13, 2006:
     Practical Use of UBL Artefacts - Crane Softwrights Ltd. with
                                      Infomenta

   Tuesday November 14, 2006:
     UBL Order-to-Invoice Business Semantics - (TBD)

   Wednesday November 15, 2006:
     UBL Catalogue Business Semantics - (TBD)

   Thursday, November 16, 2006:
     Symposium presentations - 30- and 45-minute presentations
                             - free attendance limited by sponsorship
                             - we are still looking for more speakers

   Friday November 17, 2006:
     OIO Service Oriented Infrastructure - (TBD)
     Practical Use of UBL Artefacts (repeat) - Crane Softwrights Ltd.
                                               with Infomenta

While the symposium attendance is free, it is
limited based on the sponsorship we receive from
sponsors willing to bulk-buy seats for
attendees.  Details for sponsorship opportunities
are on the http://www.ublconference.com web site,
and we hope people will ask companies they know
to consider being a sponsor of the
conference.  There is room in the forum for 230
students, but we do not have sufficient
sponsorship to make all seats available ... check
the web site for the running tally of seats being
made available for new registrants by the
generous contributions of sponsors.  There is
booth space made available on the symposium day to sponsors.

The training attendance is charged, and students
indicating their interest are individually
contacted by the training companies directly for
payment and logistics.  We hope that more
training companies will offer parallel tracks of
training subjects alongside the current list of
training offerings.  The training rooms are
smaller than the forum, with much more limited numbers of seats available.

Please visit http://www.ublconference.com for details and registration links.

We are looking forward to an exciting and
successful conference week ... we hope to see you there!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . Ken and Mikkel

cc: UBL-Dev, UBL-TC

--
Registration open for XSLT/XSL-FO training: Wash.,DC 2006-06-12/16
Also for XSL-FO/XSLT training:    Minneapolis, MN 2006-07-31/08-04