ubl-dev message

Subject: UBL Invoice 1.0 - question wrt PaymentMeans and Payment\ReceivedDate

Hi All,

A question with regard to Invoice\PaymentMeans\Payment\ReceivedDate.

PaymentMeans allows me to associate the invoice with an expected means
of payment. So, I am able to assert that I will make the payment by a
means of a certain type (PaymentMeansCode), identifying the channel
through which the payment is made by identifying the system processing
that payment (PaymentChannelCode), and then associate the payment means
with the relevant accounts as required (payee, payer, credit, card).

This seems clear.

The Payment structure is defined as associating the payment means with a
payment *to be made* and so has a future sense - but a 'payment' is a
past action and once inside the structure the tense changes to past - to
PaidAmount and ReceivedDate.

I interpret the payment as covering a use case such as the payer having
prepaid part or all of the monies due - in which case both PaidAmount
and ReceivedDate are present. In the case that the payment amount is
known but the payment is not yet received for some reason, then the
ReceivedDate would not be present.

Is my interpretation correct or wrong, please?

Many thanks in advance for your clarification and advice,

Jay

Regards,

Jay Cousins

Senior Consultant