ubl-dev message

Subject: Order message :: Parties & Delivery

Hi UBL developers,

We have a project where we create implementation guidelines for UBL messages to be used between wholesalers and food industry. I have a question related to an Order message:

When a wholesaler sends an order to a food industry, it must contain information to whom (retailer/wholesaler's own stock) the items should be delivered. When ordered items are delivered to a retailer those are in many cases routed through a terminal. In these cases an order must contain information about both parties: a retailer and a terminal. Why? A terminal organizes the delivery based on the retailer information printed on packages by a food industry. Why a free text field is not enough? Retailer information is also processed and used for other purposes.

This information is needed both on a header and on a row level. When all the ordered items will be delivered to a single retailer this information is given on a header level. When a wholesaler's order is a combination of multiple retailer orders this information is given on a row level.

Has anyone thought about the same issue? To which elements you put this information on a header level? On a row level there is /Order/OrderLine/LineItem/DestinationParty. I suppose I could put there the retailer information but where could I put the information about terminal?

Best regards,

Juha Ikävalko

TIEKE Tietoyhteiskunnan kehittämiskeskus ry
TIEKE Finnish Information Society Development Centre
Salomonkatu 17 A, 10th floor FI-00100 Helsinki
Tel +358 9 4763 0410 Fax +358 9 4763 0399
juha.ikavalko@tieke.fi http://www.tieke.fi <http://www.tieke.fi>