ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] UUID

I suppose "universally" has to exclude e-commerce to Pluto from now on...

Anyway, the UUID follows a specific algorithm to ensure that IDs generated by
this same algorithm are all unique anywhere in the world and across time,
with only extremely small and insignificant chances of collision (2 or more
generated IDs are the same).

So values stuffed into this field need to follow that algorithm in order to
achieve
uniqueness universally (within Earth).

In the original poster's question, he's right to say different
transmissions of
the same business instance would use different UUID and same business ID.
That's theoretically though.  There may be practical difficulties in trying to
replace different values of UUID into the instance prior to transmission, and
retain the overall integrity of the digitally-signed instance if digital
signature
is used.  Need to look a bit more into this aspect I think.

Best Regards,
Chin Chee-Kai