ubl-dev message

Subject: Consolidation of specs ?

Hi ebXML'rs

sorry for the cross-post, I noticed some ebXML cross talk on another
thread. I did try to send this to ebxml-dev@lists.ebxml.org but the
mailer daemon tells me this list no longer exists ! - where do you
guys hang out now (its been a while since I posted) ??

Anyway back to my question, which might have some interest amongst other groups.

A group of people at the organisation that I work for are trying to
establish a set of standard protocols for internal [web] service use.
They want to keep this to a reasonably small sub-set, but one which is
sufficient for standard purposes such as security, routing, message
correlation, relaible messaging, and a few other obvious ones, and
those which have (or are likely to have) some reasonable level of
interop across mainstream tooling (we primarily use AXIS but not
exclusively).

We have recently been discussing WS-Addressing.

As I was surfing around today I came across this comment as part of a
thread talking about the up-take of ebXML (Anyone using ebXML ?).
However, I just downloaded ebXML MS version 3.0 Core and can't find
any mention of WS-Addressing. Can anyone from the ebXML community
explain - did the original poster just get it wrong ?

== OP response to a comment from Joe Chiusano ====

Agreed, Joe. Since their inception and to a greater extent now,
components in the original ebXML architecture have allowed for or
integrated in emerging technologies - SOAP with attachments, for
example. Currently, each functional component is focused on further
compatibility, interoperability and use of emerging specifications and
technology, such as:

- ebMS v3.0 integration with WS-Addressing, WS-Security, and reliable
messaging capabilities
- ....

Thanks

Fraser.