ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] Customising and versioning

> The result, as far as I could work things out,
> was that UBL 1.0 allows derivation with substitution
> groups (despite that being at odds a bit with UBL NDR 1.0)
> as does UBL 2 prd 1, whereas UBL 2 prd 2 requires use
> of redefine (which I did manage to get to work nicely).

Stephen,

Remember, the NDR are normative for UBL schema, not customizers.  Very
early on we had this discussion on what is considered conformant
derivations and what is not.  Substitution groups and redefine are
perfectly acceptable provided you are not trying to claim conformance
since they break relationships with the underlying core components.

Kind Regards,

Mark