ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] UBL Code List Value Validation Methodologyversion 0.7 Draft 1

How about adding something for Identifiers too.
One example could be a pattern for UUIDs. Is
there scope in genericode for this too. I guess
one might assume that if it has a pattern and
not a codelist then it is an Identifier and not
a Code, but the margins do tend to blur. I notice
TaxCategory has an identifier in UBL 2, not a code.
This would presumably cover tax codes such as
L, A, X, Z ,etc which tend to have to be agreed
between trading partners - in the UK, for VAT, at
least. These are typical examples for this method
but, as I say, are Identifiers rather than 'Codes'
in UBL 2 so how would the methodology apply to
them as it stands? If the methodology were
extended to cover Identifiers then maybe it
should cater for identifiers for which there are
'codelists' (identifier lists :-) even if such lists have
to be agreed between parties as with tax category
'identifiers') but also for patterns such as for UUID.
The UUID would benefit from the methodology in
that there would then be a more standard way to
document in trading partner agreements the
associated attribute values for schemeID, etc.
For other identifiers these supplementary
component metadata values would be more
important to agree in advance and use for applying
constraints in the secondary validations.

All the best

Stephen Green

>>> "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com> 22/09/06 03:05:16 >>>
Fellow UBL-Dev list members,

I have posted draft 1 of version 0.7 of the UBL
Code List Value Validation Methodology at:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=20313

It was with this version of the methodology and
associated files that I prepared the
defaultCodeList.xsl component in the val/
subdirectory of UBL Public Review Draft 3 as documented at:

   http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/prd3-UBL-2.0/UBL-index-2.0.html#CODELISTS

I look forward to any comments or questions anyone may have.

Thanks!

--
UBL/XML/XSLT/XSL-FO training: Vårø, Denmark 2006-10-02/06,11-20/24
UBL International 2006  2006-11-13/17 http://www.ublconference.com