ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] context hierarchy

You are correct, not all context drivers are hierarchical and so
inheritance is not a given.  This is yet another example of how
contextualization is not apparently a simple classification problem as
we once thought.

UBL has been working hard on addressing the customization questions
arising from practical experience with implementing UBL 1.0

As you will see shortly with UBL 2.0 we have taken a different approach
allowing for highly customized contexts to be implemented.

Much as this is being based on Ken Holman's fine paper entitled "UBL 2.0
subsets, extensions, versions, validation and interchange".  If you want
a general feeling for what this means you can find his paper at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/18849/gkholman-ubl-modeling-0.4.zip

--
regards
tim mcgrath