ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] Comments on UBL

Quoting "David RR Webber (XML)" <david@drrw.info>:

> David,   Back in the early days of XML/edi - we showed how you can
> minimize the on-the-wire information by using referential XML
> fragments - so for example - why send your customer information - if
> you have already sent that same information 1000 times already this
> month?

maybe it was too clever for middle management.. they were
only interested in which white wine to drink with their
lunch.

> but again smarter
> brains insisted that everything should have namespaces plastered all
> over it - more bloat - and more self-defeating markup.   Oh well -
> back to the drawing board - again... ; -)   Interestingly there has
> been a revolt in FIXml circles - where they have gone back to highly
> optimized small xml packets... but only after they bloodied their
> noses on huge mega-transactions that upped their bandwidth needs by
> 500%.   DW

I can understand that.

I've always believed that there can be a happy medium between nice
structured markup and efficient transmission speeds.

<Opinion>
  Assigned_Value$=0.02
</Opinion>