ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] Comments on UBL

Quoting Chin Chee-Kai <cheekai@SoftML.Net>:

> I see that you're "typing" manifest values to cast untyped variables
> to the manifest type when the assignment occurs.  Something curious
> to explore, though I wonder how far it could go with users who are
> more keen to "get the data in" than to worry about the type of value
> every time they make an assignment.

The users never type the data into the markup directly. It always goes
in via a program.

> Glad to hear UBLish being of utility to mankind.

oh, I just use the ublish word loosely to describe my implementation
of ubl which is cut down to fit the budgets of my clients. I remember
now that you have your own "ublish" thing going.

> I hope the problems weren't due to UBLish, if so please let me know.

Various.

> I'm also looking around at UBL v2 to see "what's up" and how UBLish
> could be revised to take advantage of new technology embedded in
> XPS 3.6.5p.

for me wazzup is so many products lah -

since i've started converting data out of spreadsheets it gives me a
lot of product data to deal with.

Today I just asked one rep from a really big industrial firm about
UBL/XML and he didn't know what I was talking about.

Instead, they wanted Purchase Orders sent through in Ascii format.

So really - it just seemed strange. I thought all you guys were out
there hammering away getting everybody signed up?

Regards

David