ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] UBL payload and client-server integration tools

Quoting Fulton Wilcox <fulton.wilcox@coltsnecksolutions.com>:

> Enterprise internal networks often (or even typically) already are stressed
> and are not well positioned to support Internet 2.0 demands. Many
> enterprises are ...... getting anywhere fast...If we have gigabit ... pipes,
> and faster processors, why are our servers so sluggish?

ahh.. That's your job as a consultant to figure out.. :-)

For me personally, I'm into live-updating. That's what I like doing.
So I did a custom IM/Jabber like protocol with a modified xml markup.
I'm not having any server speed problems as such.

But I get bagged because it is not 100% UBL compliant or XML compliant
blah blah

So now I'm looking at adding some traditional xml to it (detune it,
make it slower - obviously - to keep technical people happy).

Only when things run dog slow - that no user wants it - do some
technical people look at it and say "it's a good solution"....

David

A: bloatware - that's why the servers run slow