ubl-dev message

Subject: Q's about UBL invoice structure in practice?

I'm just looking at InvoiceLine and thinking this is the inverse of what
it should be?!

E.g. - You would more naturally state the OrderReference as a header -
and then OrderLineReference child items for that parent Order.
Similarly the credit note reference would apply to a group of items -
because they'd all be off the same sales-order - so no need to repeat
that for EVERY invoice line - instead that should be a header for the
OrderReference parent again.

The way it is right now appears to create massively large XML instances
- with little ability to prune - unless you adopt a convention where
the first item has all this - and then subsequent ones do not - and
assumption is they are all the same, until it changes.  That of course
makes the validation rules tougher - not just a simple case of exists /
not exist.

I'm just wondering what people are doing in practice here to make this
intuitive and easy to use?

DW

"The way to be is to do" - Confucius (551-472 B.C.)