ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] Simpler-Than-UBL Design Rules

Steve,

Yes - I feel a little awkward here - on the AJAX front - but anyway -
just some quick points (I do think you need to take a second look at
AJAX - there's some WAY cool stuff - hint see Google's tools...)-

- AJAX is very much a client-side technology - the server part is as
much or little as you desire.
- You can use AJAX entirely locally - no server - if you desire.
- AJAX is all about XML IMHO!
- it avoids script - because the JS is just an include - those library
routines then read the XML config - and direct the form controls -
event model
- so scripting is easy - can be all at xml level - and of course - tools
write it for you...
- There is really very little difference conceptually between XForms and
AJAX - just deployment model details
- Only Web browser?  Not sure - I'd wager someone has a standalone none
browser deployment!

Anyway - if we can do both - then it plays to both pools of
opportunity...

Cheers, DW

"The way to be is to do" - Confucius (551-472 B.C.)