ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Customizing where 'Simpler-Than-UBL' (STU) is needed

Tim, I have no problems with these ideas you've expressed of
compatibility and deriving common patterns from models for the
creation of alternative vocabularies identified as being UBL compatible.

In my mind, that isn't what is up for discussion this week.

Following the thread, you'll see my comments this week were all
triggered by and focused on the following:

At 2007-02-09 09:11 -0700, stephen.green@systml.co.uk wrote:
>I just got to a fairly stable state with a customization of
>the UBL Catalogue for an opensource price list product. After
>making a schema as previously mentioned with zero namespaces
>(or at most one) and just one schema file I went on to
>customise the Catalogue proper UBL schema files too.
>It does work so far
>though and a simple transformation both to and from UBL proper
>instances is made possible while allowing validation against a
>necessarily simpler schema. Reiterating:- that's a schema with no
>more than one namespace and no more than one module/physical file.

*In the context of the above* David brought up that this was merely a
different projection of the UBL models, in this case using no
namespaces, but otherwise the constructs were identical.  And the
comments about "lego bricks" being the same entities just not in any
namespace.  What David and Stephen are doing here is different than
the topics you bring up below regarding compatibility ... unless I'm
mistaken in which case I'll step back.

It is only their introduced ambiguity (and I think the resulting user
confusion) that I am addressing in my comments ... I am not talking
about the Singapore discussions of conformance/compatibility that I
support and look forward to formalizing at a committee level.

Does this clarify the nature of my comments?  I apologize if I left
the impression with you that I was abandoning the successful
discussions that we had in this regard.

Thanks!

Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/m/
Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/m/bc