ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] UBL- just how reliable are XSD based syntax checks?

Hi David,

Use of solid XML Schema tools (such as the OSS XSD/C Tools) will trap
things like invalid XML characters, or null pointers in a C structure
representing the XML document you would like to serialize.  A good tool
will gracefully pass this kind of information back to the application
rather than allowing invalid documents parsed/serialized.

Of course there is a degree of flexibility in how strict you would like
this checking to be.  Some tools (including the OSS XSD/C Tools) allow you
to specify relaxed checking or strict checking.

Paul E. Thorpe                                 Toll Free    : 1-888-OSS-ASN1
OSS Nokalva                                    International: 1-732-302-0750
Email: thorpe@oss.com                          Tech Support : 1-732-302-9669
http://www.oss.com                             Fax          : 1-732-302-0023