ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] Question regarding how to record an invoicingparty's VAT Number

Hi Stephen,

Many thanks for the clarification.

Best,

Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Green [mailto:stephen.green@bristol.gov.uk]
Sent: 15 February 2007 15:48
To: ubl-dev@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Question regarding how to record an invoicing
party's VAT Number

Hi Jay

We had to revise the way this worked in UBL 2 as the problem was
discovered in UBL 1.0. In UBL 2 it is the PartyTaxScheme /CompanyID 'The
identifier assigned for tax purposes to a party by the taxation
authority' but from what you quoted for the description it sounds like
you are looking at UBL 1.0 so here you should ignore the description and
do as you said:
really it is just that the description is wrong and the example at
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/cd-UBL-1.0/xml/joinery/UBL-Invoice-1.0-Jo
inery-Example.xml
shows what you want. But some tax regimes may have their own view of
this, prefering to keep to the strict definition wording which is
probably incorrect. We hoped that Tax XML TC would clarify this with an
implementation guide to UBL 1.0 invoice but I haven't yet seen the like.
My view is the definition is plain wrong and belongs to something that
shouldn't be found in that ABIE.
The error is corrected in UBL 2. The example is correct. It's awful that
the error is in the definition which is meant to be normative so there
is a problem there.

TaxScheme/ID is another thing altogether (e.g. 'VAT') and shouldn't
really be used unless a tax regime or equivalent specifies it.

All the best

Stephen Green

>>> "Jay Cousins" <jay.cousins@csw.co.uk> 15/02/07 12:27:05 >>>

Hi Tim et al.,

Can you please advise me where to record the VAT Number of an invoicing
party?

It seems clear that I can identify the tax as VAT by using
PartyTaxScheme/TaxScheme/TaxTypeCode.

But looking at the documentation it is not clear to me where I ought to
put the actual registration number - as the value of
PartyTaxScheme/CompanyID (which I think is wrong as the definition of
this element is: "...It is NOT the same as the registration id of a
company within a tax scheme", OR to put it into TaxScheme/ID?

I think that PartyTaxScheme/TaxScheme/ID is correct.

Am I right or wrong, please?

Many thanks in advance,

Jay

Regards,

Jay Cousins

Senior Consultant

CSW Group Ltd
Registered Office and Contact Address:
4240 Nash Court
Oxford Business Park South
Oxford
UK
OX4 2RU

Tel: +44/0 1865 337400
Fax: +44/0 1865 337433

Direct line: +44/0 1865 337417
Mobile: +44/0 7712 187901
Skype: jaycousinsskype

Web: http://www.csw.co.uk

Registered in England No. 4198197

Legal Disclaimer : http://www.csw.co.uk/disclaimer.htm

Please note the new simpler name for our website:
http://www.bristol.gov.uk

Our email addresses have also changed - visit
http://www.bristol.gov.uk/bigchange for further details.

Sign-up for our email bulletin giving news, have-your-say  and event
information at: http://www.bristol.gov.uk/newsdirect