ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Minor update to UBL Methodology for Code Listand Value Validation

Hi Ken

Yes this makes sense. I had a feeing this was the case.
Just trying to push the boat out a bit :-)

Many thanks

All the best

Steve

>>> "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com> 27/02/07 13:23:41 >>>
Thanks for the question, Stephen,

At 2007-02-27 12:40 +0000, Stephen Green wrote:
>Might it make sense to create a sourceForge (or equivalent) project
>for this so as to get the benefits of greater visibility, source control
>and management of releases, etc?

As this is a product of the OASIS UBL TC, I do not believe work on it
can be done outside of the committee framework.  I'm trying to use
Kavi as best as possible as a repository (which is why I'm linking to
the repository record, so that reviewers of the archive will discover
subsequent releases).  I'm unsure what visibility benefits are
automatically gained through SourceForge.  Visibility comes from
talking about it and spreading the word.

As contributions to the TC are governed by the OASIS membership
agreement, any contributions to a SourceForge project by contributors
outside of the membership would render the end result unclear
regarding copyright and intellectual property issues.

I think we are stuck with TC rules and Kavi in this regard.

Does this make sense?

>Just a thought, forgive me if I'm out of line.

All thoughts are welcome!  Just not all are necessarily able to be followed.

Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/
Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/bc