ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] UBL Swinger 1.1 (Community Edition) has been released

Hey, Roberto, great to see the SystML in there.

I find a good few problems getting XForms to handle
even SystML in its entirety - too much for a browser
really. Nice for smaller subsets still though. But for
SystML, which tries to cover things like simplest of
manufacturing needs, etc, the need is plain to use
something more sophisticated like your application.
So it's great to see this available.

I'd strongly suggest considering addition of jCAM if
that is feasible too though. The scope you have there
is very good with validation, etc so adding CAM too
would seem an excellent opportunity to advance the
whole robustness of the UBL usage. I'd like to produce
full CAM definitions (probably looking to David RRW
in the main of course for help) for SystML in future.
A lot of work so it might depend on generating from
XSD mainly which could be a nice mental challenge
(maybe David has already got it covered ?) - to be
comprehensive in finding all the constraints determined
by the SystML subset schemas and translating those
to CAM. I'm not sure I'd have time to do it soon mind.

Best wishes with the progress of UBL Swinger, a great
step forward, along with other products like the recently
announced ebComposer for .NET and of course Edifix
and others.

All the best

Stephen Green