ubl-dev message

Subject: SV: [ubl-dev] Hybrid approach to local vs. global

>>For example - if the Russian Government said - "we'd love to use UBL -
>>but we need different tagnames for in country use" - then having the
>>option to use CAM to morph between localization details and say an EU
>>base-line - would obviously be enabling... and overall I'm guessing the
>>bigger goal is UBL adoption and use, rather than say driving XSD
>>adoption and use!?!

>This isn't a new idea and my comments regarding not supporting this
>have nothing to do with CAM.  ISO/IEC 19757-8 Document Schema
>Renaming Language (DSRL) was also posited to address the use case of
>a community of UBL users wanting to have "local" names for a
>transliterated (not transformed) document vocabulary equivalent in
>structure to UBL.  This has already been discussed.

Is this part of the DSDL?

I agree with the rest of Ken's statements, but would like to note that in
Denmark the way that it is handled is that basically every XPath expression
has a Danish term associated with it that has some commonly understood
Business meaning in Denmark. So that the documentation always refers to such
stuff as Købers Ordre Nummer and so forth, which is really hard to figure out
what it means because for each one of these terms you need to actually figure
out what is being mapped.

Cheers,
Bryan Rasmussen