ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Re: [ebxml-dev] P2P for e-business - applications?

Quoting Stephen Green <stephengreenubl@gmail.com>:

> I'd personally always favoured the P2P model primarily
> but seen the hub model or variants as a fallback.

But they work.....

looking at:

http://www.inovis.com/solutions/catalogue/

"Retailers: Easy access to current product information

     * Multiple access options including web-based user interface,
EDI, XML and real-time application integration"

what more could you want?

The benefits of true p2p could only be marginal over the above.

In fact it's fair to say that a lot of businesses are "afraid" of
getting the data any faster. I've even heard it said that it might
"break" their computer if it goes too fast. As in "our computer
couldn't handle that".

Of course, I'm just playing the devils advocate here.

But I'm wondering what sort of capability you are thinking about
exactly when there appears to be so much stuff out there that already
is or is purporting to do it.

Maybe you are just hoping to get UBL going a bit faster than it
already is. If so, then that's fine and I can easily go along with
your reasoning.

True P2p is still a challenge.... people would need to know what the
exact business benefits would be before they would throw any cash at it.

As mentioned above, there are probably many solutions which come very
close in place already.

Regards

David