ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] Re: [ebxml-dev] P2P for e-business - applications?

David,

Oddly enough - I believe Africa is a bigger catalyst for change right
now than Asia.

Cell phones and PDAs are the drivers.  As happened in Asia - cellphones
are taking Africa by storm - 1 in 3 adults now have one in the more
developed states.   And because there is no legacy infrastructure -
they don't have to replace anything.

But what the cells are used for is the key.  Wireless banking.  Kenya
and Uganda are now doing transfers using cell phones - and the phone is
your digital wallet - with balances.  And this is real money being
transferred securely to family members from ex-pat' workers in EU and
America.

But what it enables is digital money in the local economy - I can
transfer money from my phone to yours via the bank and a PIN code.  And
the bank will honor this - I can go into a branch and get real hard cash
for my balance.

Tax authorities in EU and America of course will not take note until
this becomes common place here too.  Or - people buy phones in Africa
and ship them to EU and America to allow this type of transfer - via
the bank in Africa...

Breaks all the rules doesn't it?

; -)

So its only a matter of time - 1 year, 3 years, 5 years?  Pick a number
- before politicians - are going to wake up and demand a technology
solution to restore tax revenues...

Until then - its business-as-usual - a la Inovis - but this train has
already left the station - it's just a matter of when it arrives - not
if...

DW

"The way to be is to do" - Confucius (551-472 B.C.)