ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] A few perhaps actually usable XForms for UBL

Eventually I hope to provide some good instructions.

The important things seem to be at present:

1. making sure all required fields have some data (there's
no obvious browser submission error indicator yet  - it
might need some more in the form to make it more obvious
if there's something invalid but I'm hoping it won't once
the Firefox implementation is more mature and maybe will do
this automatically in the browser)

2. settings in the browser should be as follows
a. In Options/Content tick 'Allow XForms to access other domains'
b. Click 'Allowed Sites' next to that checkbox and enter
'xforms4ubl.svn.sourceforge.net' and select 'Send' (or both
'Load' and 'Send' but Send seems to be the important one for
these XForms)

If anyone getting further problems would let me know, offline if
you like, it will help with preparing some instructions.

The XForms folk have been very helpful in advising and even in
giving feedback to the W3C for future architecting of the XForms
and related standards. One aspect of this is catering for UBL's
requirement for eliminating of empty elements and this has
prompted considerations for future XForms improvements (see
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Submission_some_kind_of_better_filtering_than_relevance_that_affects_only_submission_and_not_the_UI
)

Many Thanks

All the best