ubl-dev message

Subject: [ANN] Now 9 UBL XForms available on 'Business Web'

Greetings,

Just an update on the opensource XForms For UBL project:
The list of completed forms available on the 'Business Web'
page
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/xforms4ubl/businessweb.html
has grown to 9

There are two other provisions of the same list

there is a GPL2 sourceForge site in development at
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/businessweb/businessweb.html
and there is SystML's site
http://www.systml.co.uk/content/view/43/54/

I thank the UBL TC who have now agreed to mention the provision on
the UBL Support SC page at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=ubl-ssc

Hopefully all this, as well as other tools, will be of help
to anyone needing a quick means of creating a UBL document
whether for business or technical reasons.

Hopefully the fact that the XForms For UBL 'Business Web' site
uses a vendor-neutral approach using XForms will be of interest
too to those keeping an eye on technological trends and how this
particular technology improves in features and implementations
will be of interest in the ongoing development of this particular
UBL solution.

Maybe there is a particular need to further provide localizations
of these forms where there is a demand for the like but I've
been trying to aim for a situation, perhaps not wholly realistic,
we'll see, where the general use forms are such that each
localization is a subset of the general form. They are therefore
quite minimalistic and this is also to serve the need for these
forms being completed manually rather than as an export from a
finance application. I guess this fills a possible gap, though
whether this need actually exists remains to be seen so I'd
welcome feedback in future from anyone finding the availability of
such forms of any real use.

Please feel free to notify me (offlist perhaps) too of any bugs
or difficulties with these forms which I hope to continually improve
and which may become more of a community effort if others join in
with the development on the project.

All the best

Stephen Green
SystML