ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: Protocol/framework plus tools/services for collaboration?

An update for the list on this

As at Spring 2007:

It looks like in Europe it's a choice between 'Reliable Asynchronous
Secure Profile'
(RASP) and ebMS for the messaging
* but only ebMS has the product support available to the likes of just anybody *

Then there are industry 'verticals' with other protocols (a few to
choose from like OFTP 2)

rather like in US it might be choice between AS2 and ebMS, except that both are
supported

I'm still not sure about other global areas

Looks like the details need to be worked out for any contenders to the
rest of the ebXML framework though. Is that correct at present?

I'd guess that just as in US there are bound to be ways to cater for the
mix of ebMS and AS2 then there might have to be ways to link ebMS
supporting businesses to the likes of OFTP2 and to RASP.

Any ideas how a small set-up might cope with this? It wouldn't half be
nice to just support one and let those who can afford it support the many
(or the more than one at least, perhaps not quite 'many', hopefully).
If so then which one? I guess ebMS is still the only actual common factor
at the moment so it looks like that's stilll the one for me (on a *very* tight
shoestring budget)  :-)  Is there a shoestring budget way to support an
ontology? I guess I'll have to leave that to the big guys too.

All the best

--
Stephen Green

Partner