ubl-dev message

Subject: Codelist translations query

Greetings,

Glad to see the codelist methodology of the TC for codelists
going to public review. The version of 'genericode' in UBL
2.0 being an earlier version though I wondered how that
affects UBL. In particular, how best to use the latter when
there is a requirement to provide translated code values.
I guess the requirement would be to re-represent the
puiblished UBL codelist(s) in such a way that allows a look-up
where the code value meanings and/or the values themselves
have been translated. I guess you can translate the code
into CAM format too (or instead, depending on constraints
perhaps) so how to do that in a scenario of translation
between (human) languages would be valued too (David? :-)
(and for those OASIS members out there an unbiased plug
here to remember the CAM 1.1 standardisation vote by the
way).

Any ideas? (especially from anyone on the codelists TC or
those concerned with the use of the codelist output in UBL).

Many thanks

All the best

Steve

Stephen Green