ubl-dev message

Subject: UBL Adoption Group?

Greetings again UBL-DEV members,

I'm wondering if anyone would be interested
in the idea of establishing a UBL Adoption
Group - perhaps as an 'OASIS Member Section'
http://www.oasis-open.org/who/ms-overview.php

I've absolutely no idea of the costs, etc and
overheads of doing this, nor have any commitment
to being able to follow it through.

I just wondered what interest there might be.

My idea would be to use it to look at anything
like adoption facilitation e.g. profile definitions
- such as turning subsets and profiles defined
for specific needs into ones targeted at broader
audiences and maximal interoperability. And
seeking to support alignment of subsets and
profiles defined outside UBL.

I guess certification would be out of scope but
maybe there would be scope for defining
conformance requirements of aspects of UBL
not covered in the specs or establishing any
needs for profiles and customisations.

It could reference work from other groups like
the new OASIS TAG TC and the UN/CEFACT
COD group.

I'd be pleased to hear from anyone interested,
on or off list, and hopefully keep those who
contact me abreast of developments. That's
about all I could commit to personally at the
moment though and there are no funds I'm
aware of to help. Just in case this makes sense
to enough people though.

All the best

Stephen Green

stephengreenubl@gmail or details as below