ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] Codelist translations query

Then if the code definitions alone are translated it
would aleviate (or remove) the need for lookups
if the actual .gc files were recreated for each
language - same values, translated definitions.

Then I could just add the genericode (.gc) files
to my translated XForms:-)  Likewise it should be
easier for the ERP's, etc.  Cool.

Thanks

Steve

Stephen Green

Senior IT Officer
Bristol City Council
Room G34, Romney House
Romney Avenue
Bristol  BS99 3HB
Tel: 0117 922 3794
Fax: 0117 922 4877
Email: stephen_green@bristol.gov.uk

>>> <roberto@javest.com> 24/05/07 16:26 >>>
Hello Stephen,

I am also very interested into code list translation.

I think this should be done by translating only the definition, as codes
are localized information already or international codes.

We need just a way of acting I think, as code list are many.

I think a code list could be translated and just located into a directory
named using the locale name (the once available from the user http request
on the browser)

I seen some code list from NES with different languages, but I just read
the specification.

I think such translation could be handled by the code list standard (e.g.
genericode) not UBL directly.

Maybe UBL ??LSCs could provide the translation of the default genericode
code lists (if not already available from the related Agency).

In the time I am sure I will prepare some code list translations.

Regards,

Roberto Cisternino
co-chair
UBL ITLSC