ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] UBL Adoption Group?

> Don't there need to be 'guidelines' on how these large subsetting
> and profiling efforts like NES, CODICE, SBS and smaller ones like
> SystML2 (smaller in resoources, not scope) should provide for
> interoperating with eachother - for example over tax support?

That is one of the main reasons for a CEN involment for an "European
Common Subset" for e-Procurement.

> Codes, I agree, are for the vendors, ERPs and endusers to agree,
> maybe with some localisation effort help (though even here some
> measures to align such help might be of * major * value).
>
> But there is a lot more to UBL than codelists - and relying solely
> on a mixture of what the UBL could foresee and happy accidents
> (serendipity) between localisations and other subsets seems a
> bit overly risky for what is actually at stake.
>
> Is a customisation guide by the TC all it takes?

Mmmm, I think a partial answer is given by the reason why the code list
methodology is migrating to the code list TC.

I am sure that the input for such cross-industry and cross-border
localization will be handled by localizers at the same manner their work
is done for guides and software locale bundles.

The reason for an LSC into UBL is I think to promote adoptions and because
a no-profit effort cannot pay easely localizers.

Localizers will be paid by Vendors.

Genericode is under evaluation of UN/CEFACT too I remember.

If we want give a free localization for code list I think this should be
done inside something like CEFACT and its TBGs as they are the input.

That is because UBL should stop at 2.0 within OASIS, isn't it ?

Just some thinking... brain storming.

Thanks

Roberto